CONSTRUCTION UPDATE! Please be aware that construction will be ongoing throughout the summer in the café area and on 2-West (impacts will include the Nursing Mother's Room). For more information on these projects, please visit our Summer Construction update page.
Division of Collection Strategies and Preservation
Welcome! The MSU Libraries Division of Collection Strategies & Preservation supports the research, teaching, and practice of the university community.
Library staff work in multiple specialized units in the division and across divisions to select, purchase, provide access to and preserve information resources in diverse formats while communicating with campus users about needs. Orders for resources are handled by the Technical Service Division (acquisitions, processing and cataloging). Scholarly communication concerns and open access are an important part of the collections strategy.
An overview of the MSU Libraries includes summary statistics about the collection.
Using online forms, MSU faculty, staff, or students may suggest a book to be considered for purchase. Suggestions for new periodical subscriptions should be directed to the appropriate subject librarian. A separate form is available to request materials to be placed on Reserve (Assigned Reading).
Steven Sowards is the Associate Dean for Collections Strategies and Preservation.
Unit heads include:
- Eric Alstrom – Head of Conservation & Preservation
- Susan Kendall – Head of Collection Strategies
- Leslie McRoberts – Head of Stephen O. Murray and Keelung Hong Special Collections
- Leslie McRoberts (interim) – Head of University Archives & Historical Collections
- Diane Warner – Electronic Resources Coordinator
Coordinators of various subject collections include:
- Iris Kovar-Gough (interim)-- Health Sciences
- Breezy Silver--Business
- Eric Tans -- Sciences
- Terrie Wilson -- Humanities
- Kathleen Weessies -- Social Sciences
- vacant -- Area Studies (International Studies)
A complete list of subject librarians provides contact information.