Course Materials Program
Upcoming Course Materials Program Deadlines for Faculty
Due Dates for SUMMER 2018 Semester Course Pack Projects
If you have not worked with us in the past, or have a brand-new course pack project, please contact us as soon as possible, no matter what stage you are with course content selection!
Summer Session I: To have your pack ready for sale on May 7, 2018 in our partnering bookstore (for print packs) or online (for electronic packs) one week before classes start on May 14, 2018, contact us by:
- MARCH 26, 2018 - NEW or EXTENSIVELY REVISED course packs containing copyrighted material
- APRIL 23, 2018 - MINOR REVISIONS and EXACT REPRINTS of course packs containing copyrighted material; or course packs with NO COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL
Summer Session II: To have your pack ready for sale on June 25, 2018 in our partnering bookstore (for print packs) or online (for electronic packs) one week before classes start on July 2, 2018, contact us by:
- May 14, 2018 - NEW or EXTENSIVELY REVISED course packs containing copyrighted material
- June 11, 2018 - MINOR REVISIONS and EXACT REPRINTS of course packs containing copyrighted material; or course packs with NO COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL
What We Can Do for Faculty
The Michigan State University Course Materials Program offers the best value in quality course packs. That's why the Associated Students of MSU recommends us to MSU faculty and students. To assist our faculty partners, we:
- Facilitate the production of print and electronic course packs
- Distribute printed course packs for sale at the Spartan Bookstore in the MSU International Center and at Collegeville Textbook Company
- Electronically archive all course pack projects for easy reordering
- Evaluate copyright clearance needs, processing permission requests and payments, all on your behalf
- Connect you to other beneficial Library resources
For more information on course packs and copyright services, call (517) 884-6468, e-mail email@example.com, visit the links in the sidemenu, or check out our helpful Simplifying Course Pack Creation guide as a PDF or the Simplifying Course Pack Creation webpage.
MSU Statement On Using Copyrighted Materials
Copyright is a form of protection provided by the laws of the United States (title 17, U.S. Code) to the authors of "original works of authorship," including literary, dramatic, musical, artistic, and certain other intellectual works. Civil and criminal remedies may be imposed for violations of an author's copyright interests. Michigan State University is committed to obeying copyright law.