Though MSU Libraries remain closed to the public due to COVID-19, we are preparing to welcome students this fall, and we are working on changes inside our Library to welcome people safely. Our goal is to reopen to the public August 24. Until then (and after), we will continue to offer virtual services. Many resources remain available. Please see our Online and Distance Learning resource page for specific Library resources. Reference services are still available via chat and phone. We do have temporary policies for returning/renewing material.
Course Materials Program
Please check out our new online order form for faculty and instructors at https://lib.msu.edu/about/coursemat/FacultyCoursePack/
We hope it makes your course pack ordering process quick and easy. (If you prefer to order via email, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with your course pack information.)
Upcoming Course Materials Program Deadlines for Faculty
If you have not worked with us in the past, or have a brand-new course pack project, please contact us as soon as possible, no matter what stage you are with course content selection!
Fall 2020: To have your pack ready for sale on August 26, 2020, one week before classes start on September 2, in our partnering bookstore (for print packs) or online (for electronic packs) contact us by:
- July 15, 2020 - NEW or EXTENSIVELY REVISED course packs containing copyrighted material
- August 12, 2020 - MINOR REVISIONS and EXACT REPRINTS of course packs containing copyrighted material; or course packs with NO COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL
Please add 5 working days if you need to review a proof copy.
Packs for courses beginning in mid-semester should be submitted by two weeks before the sale date for minor revisions and exact reprints, and by six weeks before sale for new or extensively revised materials.
What We Can Do for Faculty
The Michigan State University Course Materials Program offers the best value in quality course packs. That's why the Associated Students of MSU recommends us to MSU faculty and students. To assist our faculty partners, we:
- Facilitate the production of print and electronic course packs
- Distribute printed course packs for sale at the Spartan Bookstore in the MSU International Center and at Collegeville Textbook Company
- Electronically archive all course pack projects for easy reordering
- Evaluate copyright clearance needs, processing permission requests and payments, all on your behalf
- Connect you to other beneficial Library resources
For more information on course packs and copyright services, call (517) 884-6468, e-mail email@example.com, visit the links in the side menu, or check out the Simplifying Course Pack Creation webpage.
MSU Statement On Using Copyrighted Materials
Copyright is a form of protection provided by the laws of the United States (title 17, U.S. Code) to the authors of "original works of authorship," including literary, dramatic, musical, artistic, and certain other intellectual works. Civil and criminal remedies may be imposed for violations of an author's copyright interests. Michigan State University is committed to obeying copyright law.