Data Services assists researchers with data and statistical resources across the entire research lifecycle, as both consumers and producers of data.
Identify & Access Data and Statistics
- E-Resources and Research Guides
Research Help: Ask a Librarian
Assistance identifying and facilitating access to data sets and statistics within our library collection and from outside resources
- Each subject librarian will be familiar with statistical sources in the various disciplinary areas.
- Assistance identifying and facilitating access to data sets and statistics within our library collection and from outside resources
- The development of quantitative literacy is supported by instruction on data and statistical resources available through the library and on the Internet. In-class instruction and course specific research guides are available by request.
- Recommendations for data set purchases are welcomed and will be pursued contingent upon our Data Collection Development Policy.
Create & Manage Your Data
Research Data Management Guidance
- Advising, training, and resources to help you plan for and implement a system of care for your research data in order to ensure a (re)usable resource.
- Consultation on grant-funder mandated data management plans.
- Connection to campus resources that facilitate the collection, organization, storage, sharing, and preservation of original MSU produced research data.
Digital Text Services
- Assistance and potential collaboration in the area of digital humanities and the creation and management of digital text.
- Project advising, text and corpus services, data/text visualization, digitization, and metadata support.