The Main Library is open, though we have reduced hours. We have temporarily closed study spaces to support the request that students self-quarantine. Study spaces will remain closed until Monday, Sept. 28, but we will maintain access to patron services for material check out and pick up. Outside of safety, our top priority is to provide access to all of our collections. We continue to offer virtual services. We also are paging materials and will continue to mail materials to faculty, staff, and students living off-campus. We encourage you to use our convenient distance services. Please see our Online and Distance Learning resource page for more information.
Data Services assists researchers with data and statistical resources across the entire research lifecycle, as both consumers and producers of data.
Identify & Access Data and Statistics
- E-Resources and Research Guides
- Research Help: Ask a Librarian
- The development of quantitative literacy is supported by instruction on data and statistical resources available through the library and on the Internet. In-class instruction and course specific research guides are available by request.
- Recommendations for data set purchases are welcomed and will be pursued contingent upon our Data Collection Development Policy.
Create & Manage Your Data
Research Data Management Guidance
- Advising, training, and resources to help you plan for and implement a system of care for your research data in order to ensure a (re)usable resource.
- Consultation on grant-funder mandated data management plans.
- Connection to campus resources that facilitate the collection, organization, storage, sharing, and preservation of original MSU produced research data.
Digital Text Services
- Assistance and potential collaboration in the area of digital humanities and the creation and management of digital text.
- Project advising, text and corpus services, data/text visualization, digitization, and metadata support.