All individuals are required to wear masks indoors in all campus buildings, including the Libraries.
For more information on Library hours and services, please visit our Using the Library page.
MSU IT will conduct planned network maintenance from 1:00 a.m. - 2:30 a.m. on Sunday, December 5th. During this timeframe you may experience intermittent interruptions in service.
About the Diversity Advisory Committee
- Andy Boyles Petersen (Chair)
- Scout Calvert
- Devon Davidovski
- Melanie Goulish
- Chana Kraus-Friedberg
- Joshua Newman
- Erik Ponder
- Tyler Smeltekop
- Matthew Wilcox
Promoting Diversity in Librarianship
Charge of the Diversity Advisory Committee:
In conjunction with appropriate Libraries' staff, plan public programming on diversity and inclusion for
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day in support of the University theme, and
- Other similar diversity events/celebrations, as needed.
- In conjunction with Libraries' Human Resources, identify and recommend programming on diversity and inclusion for staff.
Observance of Holidays:
This project was started to inform library staff who are scheduling library events of the observance of some religious holidays that might prevent some staff from attending the event. The spreadsheet below is updated yearly for a set of major holidays identified by the Diversity Advisory Committee.
Holiday Calendar Spreadsheet (use MSU NetID to view in GoogleApps)
Diversity Resources in the MSU Libraries
We have a number of Diversity Research Guides to help you find books, journals and movies by or about African Americans, Arab Americans, Asian Americans, Native Americans, Latinos, Jewish, Muslim and other religious groups, LGBTQ persons, and other populations.
Promoting Diversity Opportunities in Librarianship:
- Association of Research Libraries' Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Initiatives
- American Library Association Office for Diversity, Literacy, and Outreach Services
- ASCLA Century Scholars for Students with Disabilities
- IDEAL: Advancing Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility in Libraries & Archives
- Joint Council of Librarians of Color
- REFORMA Scholarship
- Minnesota Institute for Early Career Librarians from Traditionally Underepresented Groups
- ALA Diversity Research Grant
- Creating Inclusive Excellence (MSU Office for Inclusion and Intercultural Initiatives)
Services for Persons with Disabilities
If you are in need of assistance using the library, please visit the Accessibility page.