Some areas of the Main Library are now open 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday and 12pm to 5pm on Saturday and Sunday. These areas include main-floor access to Circulation as well as our study and computing space on 1 East with access to MSU printing. As of Feb. 1st, we opened 1 West. Our total capacity at this time is 120 people. We also now have touchless lockers, where you may pick up materials. Outside of safety, our top priority is to provide access to all of our collections. We continue to offer virtual services. We also are paging materials and will continue to mail materials to faculty, staff, and students living off-campus. We encourage you to use our convenient distance services. Please see our Online and Distance Learning resource page for more information.
About the Diversity Advisory Committee
- Ranti Junus (Chair)
- Devon Davidovski
- Chris DeFord
- Carin Graves
- Chana Kraus-Friedberg
- Elisa Landaverde
- Andy Boyles Petersen
- Erik Ponder
- Tyler Smeltekop
- Lydia Tang
- Sharon Ladenson (ex-officio, Coordinator of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Education)
Promoting Diversity in Librarianship
Charge of the Diversity Advisory Committee:
In conjunction with appropriate Libraries' staff, plan public programming on diversity and inclusion for
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day in support of the University theme, and
- Other similar diversity events/celebrations, as needed.
- In conjunction with Libraries' Human Resources, identify and recommend programming on diversity and inclusion for staff.
Observance of Holidays:
This project was started to inform library staff who are scheduling library events of the observance of some religious holidays that might prevent some staff from attending the event. The spreadsheet below is updated yearly for a set of major holidays identified by the Diversity Advisory Committee.
Holiday Calendar Spreadsheet (use MSU NetID to view in GoogleApps)
Diversity Resources in the MSU Libraries
We have a number of Diversity Research Guides to help you find books, journals and movies by or about African Americans, Arab Americans, Asian Americans, Native Americans, Latinos, Jewish, Muslim and other religious groups, LGBTQ persons, and other populations.
Promoting Diversity Opportunities in Librarianship:
- Association of Research Libraries' Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Initiatives
- American Library Association Office for Diversity, Literacy, and Outreach Services
- ASCLA Century Scholars for Students with Disabilities
- IDEAL: Advancing Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility in Libraries & Archives
- Joint Council of Librarians of Color
- REFORMA Scholarship
- Minnesota Institute for Early Career Librarians from Traditionally Underepresented Groups
- ALA Diversity Research Grant
- Creating Inclusive Excellence (MSU Office for Inclusion and Intercultural Initiatives)
Services for Persons with Disabilities
If you are in need of assistance using the library, please visit the Accessibility page.