All individuals are required to wear masks indoors in all campus buildings, including the Libraries.
For more information on Library hours and services, please visit our Using the Library page.
Starting on Thursday, December 23, 2021, MeLCat Borrowing and Lending will be suspended while the MSU Libraries undergoes a significant software transition.
MSU students, staff, and faculty can continue to utilize interlibrary loan by placing requests through the MSU Libraries Interlibrary Services department. Community patrons will not be able to use MeLCat through the MSU Libraries during this time, but they can continue to do so using their local public library.
Request an Information Literacy Instruction Session
Before scheduling an Information Literacy Instruction Session, please keep some things in mind:
- Please give us a two week notice before your first choice session. This allows us to adequately prepare for your students.
- Please schedule your Information Literacy Instruction Session so that it coincides with your students' research assignment. We are most helpful at the students' point of need.
- Please be flexible in your schedule. We will try to honor your first choice for a session but this isn't always possible as we are scheduling your colleagues as well.
- We recommend using one full class time (1 hour 50 minutes or 1 hour 20 minutes depending on the class) for an Information Literacy Instruction Session. This allows your students to fully engage with new concepts and new methods.
- Submit your syllabus and assignment to firstname.lastname@example.org In order to ensure maximum effectiveness for the students, we tailor our sessions to address their immediate research needs. If the students will not be working on a research assignment at the time of the scheduled library session, we strongly suggest rescheduling the session.
Required fields denoted with asterisk *.