Some areas of the Main Library are now open 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday and 12pm to 5pm on Saturday and Sunday. These areas include main-floor access to Circulation as well as our study and computing space on 1 East with access to MSU printing. As of Feb. 1st, we opened 1 West. Our total capacity at this time is 120 people. We also now have touchless lockers, where you may pick up materials. Outside of safety, our top priority is to provide access to all of our collections. We continue to offer virtual services. We also are paging materials and will continue to mail materials to faculty, staff, and students living off-campus. We encourage you to use our convenient distance services. Please see our Online and Distance Learning resource page for more information.
Request an Information Literacy Instruction Session
**Note: It is the intention of the Teaching & Learning team to teach all library instruction this Fall remotely, except when it is possible to teach face-to-face in the class’ regular campus classroom. T&L team librarians will continue to offer synchronous and asynchronous library and information literacy services in the online environment as our main form of instruction. Our librarians can work with students and faculty in real-time via video conferencing software such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, etc. We will not use any of the Main Library’s instruction rooms unless the class meets new classroom capacity limits and there is also a curricular reason to meet in the Main Library. We will also not conduct in-person course-related tours of the Main Library since large parts of the library will be closed and tours do not comply with social distancing requirements.
Before scheduling an Information Literacy Instruction Session, please keep some things in mind:
- Please give us a two week notice before your first choice session. This allows us to adequately prepare for your students.
- Please schedule your Information Literacy Instruction Session so that it coincides with your students' research assignment. We are most helpful at the students' point of need.
- Please be flexible in your schedule. We will try to honor your first choice for a session but this isn't always possible as we are scheduling your colleagues as well.
- We recommend using one full class time (1 hour 50 minutes or 1 hour 20 minutes depending on the class) for an Information Literacy Instruction Session. This allows your students to fully engage with new concepts and new methods.
- Submit your syllabus and assignment to firstname.lastname@example.org In order to ensure maximum effectiveness for the students, we tailor our sessions to address their immediate research needs. If the students will not be working on a research assignment at the time of the scheduled library session, we strongly suggest rescheduling the session.
Required fields denoted with asterisk *.