University Archives Collections
Our Collection Efforts
University Archives & Historical Collections (UAHC) collects, preserves, and provides access to Michigan State University's historical records, as well as historical collections that support faculty and student research, and classroom instruction.
UAHC maintains all permanent records of Michigan State University regardless of format. The collections include topics such as the administration of MSU, campus buildings and grounds, student life, faculty research, curriculum, and academic colleges and departments.
Our collection finding aids are online by collection identifier. Visitors can also peruse our collections using our online discovery portal.
Content warning: Language and content in resource descriptions and collections may be biased, harmful, and oppressive due to the historical nature of the content
Digital materials from the archives can be accessed on the following websites:
On the Banks of the Red Cedar
- Photographs, Video, Audio, Documents
- Academic Programs 2000-2020
- Course Descriptions 1970-2020
- Course Schedules 2003-2020
- Budget Books 1985-2018
- MSU Salary Info 1994-2019
MSU Vietnam Group Archive
- Documents, Maps, Images from 1955-1962
Voices of MSU
- Interviews with minority students, faculty, and staff
- Letters, Diaries, Photographs 1861-1866
- MSU's websites since 2000
To request remediation for accessible versions of these resources please go to https://lib.msu.edu/general/access-remediation/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org.