Archivists from University Archives & Historical Collections (UAHC) visit K–12 classrooms for no charge provided that they are within a reasonable driving distance from East Lansing. Our archivists can bring primary resources to show students and talk to them about a variety of topics.
Some topics include:
- Using primary sources
- Careers in archives
- Preserving family history
- Michigan State University history
If you are interested in having an archivist speak to your class, please contact UAHC at (517) 355-2330 or email@example.com.
Lesson plans and materials
Materials on this site can be downloaded and used in classes free of charge.
- Belle Sarcastic information and coloring sheet (pdf)
- Be Your Family Historian (pdf)
- Word Find - MSU Buildings (pdf)
- Word Find - MSU Presidents (pdf)
- Coloring Page - Forest Akers (pdf
- Coloring Page - Jennie Towar (pdf)
- Fill in the Blanks - General MSU history (pdf)
- MSU Presidents Activity Sheets (pdf)
- Primary vs. Secondary sources information sheet (pdf)
- Dairy Adventures Activities worksheet (pdf)
- Dairy Adventure Press (pdf)
- MSU Dairy Trivia (pdf)
- History Day 2014 ("Rights and Responsibilities") Resources at the MSU Archives (pdf)
- History Day 2015 ("Leadership and Legacy") Resources at the MSU Archives (pdf)
- History Day 2016 ("Exploration, Encounter, Exchange in History") Resources at the MSU Archives (pdf)