Due to the Covid-19 Coronavirus situation, the University Archives Reading Room is closed to researchers until further notice. During this time, we will continue to provide email and telephone reference support though responses may be delayed. If you have any questions, please contact us.
On March 16, Governor Gretchen Whitmer signed an Executive Order temporarily closing many public spaces. All academic libraries are included in this order. The Main Library is closed, but we still offer virtual services and many resources do remain available. Please see our Online and Distance Learning resource page for specific Library resources. Reference services are still available via chat and phone. We do have temporary policies for returning/renewing material.
Specialized Retention Schedules
Specialized retention schedules are designed for record types that are unique to a particular university unit. An example is UAHC’s collection accession files.
- Academic Governance Retention Schedule (pdf)
- Academic Technologies Retention Schedule (pdf)
- College of Human Medicine, Dean’s Office Retention Schedule (pdf)
- College of Law Retention Schedule (pdf)
- Graduate School Retention Schedule (pdf)
- Internal Audit Retention Schedule (pdf)
- International Office of Health and Safety Retention Schedule (pdf)
- IT Services Retention Schedule (pdf)
- MSU Extension Human Resources Retention Schedule (pdf)
- Office of the General Counsel (pdf)
- Office of Gift Planning Retention Schedule (pdf)
- Office of the Ombudsperson Retention Schedule (pdf)
- System Log Files Retention Schedule (pdf)
- University Archives & Historical Collections Retention Schedule (pdf)
- Youth Programs Retention Schedule (pdf)
The retention schedules listed below are older retention schedules, but are still valid.
MSU Construction Contract Records
Schedule Description: These are construction contracts and supporting documentation for development of MSU properties.
Schedule Retention: Permanent
Disposition:: These records will be transferred to the Archives upon completion of the contract.
Office of Record: Contracts & Grants - MSU Construction Contracts Office
Semester Effort Reports
Schedule Description: Semester Effort Reports (SER) are documents generated in association with federal and state contracts and grants. These reports are used for audit purposes.
Schedule Retention: 15 years
Disposition:: These records will be transferred to the Archives when they are no longer active.
Office of Record: MSU Contracts & Grants Office ONLY