On March 16, Governor Gretchen Whitmer signed an Executive Order temporarily closing many public spaces. All academic libraries are included in this order. The Main Library is closed, but we still offer virtual services and many resources do remain available. Please see our Online and Distance Learning resource page for specific Library resources. Reference services are still available via chat and phone. We do have temporary policies for returning/renewing material.
Place Materials on Reserve (Instructors)
The MSU Main Library and MSU Business Library are temporarily offering the digitization of Reserves reading material for online access. Faculty can use this form to place requests. Once the scans have been processed, they will be dispatched to faculty via MSU FileDepot for them to place in D2L for student use. Questions should be directed to Tyler Smeltekop of the Library Course Materials Program.
This form is for MSU instructors to place items already in the catalog on reserve for your classes at the Libraries.
Important items to note:
- The Library normally does not purchase course textbooks for reserve, but we are able to place instructor owned copies on reserve. Copies may be brought to the service desk for processing.
- Please do not recall checked out items yourself. Add them to the list, reserve staff will do the recall as part of processing.
- You can renew a previously used list. See the Course Information section below.
- Request the purchase of an item for Reserve
- To place instructor-owned materials or a coursepack on Reserve, print and fill out the Printable Reserve List Form from the Faculty Services page for the appropriate service desk. Include a list of the items (if you don't specify them on the form) and bring them to the appropriate service desk. You may also send them through campus mail.
Required fields denoted with asterisk *.