Some areas of the Main Library are now open 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday and 12pm to 5pm on Saturday and Sunday. These areas include main-floor access to Circulation as well as our study and computing space on 1 East with access to MSU printing. As of Feb. 1st, we opened 1 West. Our total capacity at this time is 120 people. We also now have touchless lockers, where you may pick up materials. Outside of safety, our top priority is to provide access to all of our collections. We continue to offer virtual services. We also are paging materials and will continue to mail materials to faculty, staff, and students living off-campus. We encourage you to use our convenient distance services. Please see our Online and Distance Learning resource page for more information.
Place Materials on Reserve (Instructors)
The MSU Libraries continues to monitor United States academic library copyright policies as they change week to week because of the pandemic situation at the national and university levels. We balance our interpretation of the law with making content available to students when possible. At this time, the Libraries will no longer be digitizing entire textbooks, although we may digitize portions of textbooks and consider the digitization of non-textbooks on a case by case basis. The Libraries may be able instead to purchase an electronic copy of certain books, so please contact your subject librarian to inquire about the availability of books in e-format first.
This form is for MSU instructors to place items already in the catalog on reserve for your classes at the Libraries.
Important items to note:
- The Library normally does not purchase course textbooks for reserve, but we are able to place instructor owned copies on reserve. Copies may be brought to the service desk for processing.
- Please do not recall checked out items yourself. Add them to the list, reserve staff will do the recall as part of processing.
- You can renew a previously used list. See the Course Information section below.
- Request the purchase of an item for Reserve
- To place instructor-owned materials or a coursepack on Reserve, print and fill out the Printable Reserve List Form from the Faculty Services page for the appropriate service desk. Include a list of the items (if you don't specify them on the form) and bring them to the appropriate service desk. You may also send them through campus mail.
Required fields denoted with asterisk *.