On March 16, Governor Gretchen Whitmer signed an Executive Order temporarily closing many public spaces. All academic libraries are included in this order. The Main Library is closed, but we still offer virtual services and many resources do remain available. Please see our Online and Distance Learning resource page for specific Library resources. Reference services are still available via chat and phone. We do have temporary policies for returning/renewing material.
- Copyright Advice and Permission Forms
- Information Literacy Instruction Request
- Request a 3D print
- Suggest a Purchase
- Usability Studies Volunteer Form
- Your Comments or Suggestions
Request Material from an MSU Location:
Request MSU Material with the Following Status:
- Recall "Checked Out" Items
- Request Ordered Items
- Under Consideration, In Process, or Being Processed
Request Known Citation:
- Citation Locator (see if we own the article)
- Place Materials on Reserve
- Request a Book for Campus Delivery
- MARS: MSU Article Retrieval Service - also for Staff and Graduate Students
- Suggest a Recently Published MSU Faculty Book
Request Material from Another Library:
Request MSU Material for Off-Campus Delivery
for noted exceptions:
- All requests will be handled via the InterLibrary Loan process.
- Please see the Off-Campus Users FAQ page, if you are more than 50 miles from the main campus for more information.
- Medical patrons at remote sites, please see the Health Sciences' Requesting Material information page for more information.