The Main Library is open, though we have reduced hours. We have temporarily closed study spaces to support the request that students self-quarantine. Study spaces will remain closed until Monday, Sept. 28, but we will maintain access to patron services for material check out and pick up. Outside of safety, our top priority is to provide access to all of our collections. We continue to offer virtual services. We also are paging materials and will continue to mail materials to faculty, staff, and students living off-campus. We encourage you to use our convenient distance services. Please see our Online and Distance Learning resource page for more information.
Discovery Services provides technical and functional support for the MSU Libraries' electronic resources and core discovery systems:
- MSU Net ID authentication to the Libraries’ electronic resources
- Troubleshooting off-campus and full-text access to electronic resources
- Integration of library resources into learning systems and other course-related materials (i.e., stable links)
- First point-of-contact technical support for MSU Commons, MSU's institutional repository.
- First point-of-contact technical support for EndNote, a citation management software.
- General information about library services and resources, including basic reference assistance*
*Note: The MSU Libraries does not provide health, medical, legal, or personal advice. To protect privacy, MSU salary information is not provided over the phone.
Discovery Services also provides technical and functional support of learning systems used for continuing education courses or professional certifications:
Looking for D2L, Zoom, or MediaSpace help for a degree-granting course? Contact the MSU IT Service Desk at 517-432-6200 (phone) or email@example.com (email). Learning systems support is available from 7am-Midnight every day.