Though MSU Libraries remain closed to the public due to COVID-19, we are preparing to welcome students this fall, and we are working on changes inside our Library to welcome people safely. Our goal is to reopen to the public August 24. Until then (and after), we will continue to offer virtual services. Many resources remain available. Please see our Online and Distance Learning resource page for specific Library resources. Reference services are still available via chat and phone. We do have temporary policies for returning/renewing material.
Get Help: Off Campus & Online Courses
If you have problems with D2L, call the MSU IT Service Desk at 517-432-6200 for assistance.
If you need help using a library service or resource, please call Discovery Services at 517-353-8700. Some of the services we provide include:
- Article and book requests for distance students
- Problems accessing electronic resources (i.e., online journals, e-books)
- Reporting broken links to electronic resources
- Creating stable links for electronic resources and integrating into learning systems
- General information and reference assistance
Here are some other sites and help that may be of interest (hours vary):
- Academic Calendar - lists important dates to remember.
- ITS Helpdesk (help.msu.edu) - Help with computers, campus ethernet, AFS and more.
- Ask a Librarian - Help with research and the library, available by phone, email and IM.
- Copyright Advice: Opens in a New Tab - Help with obtaining and granting copyright permission.
- D2L Documentation: Opens in a New Tab - Online documentation for both students and faculty.
- Registrar's Office - Handles enrollment and similar questions.
- StuInfo - Access to class schedule, tuition and grades