Some areas of the Main Library are now open 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday and 12pm to 5pm on Saturday and Sunday. These areas include main-floor access to Circulation as well as our study and computing space on 1 East with access to MSU printing. As of Feb. 1st, we opened 1 West. Our total capacity at this time is 120 people. We also now have touchless lockers, where you may pick up materials. Outside of safety, our top priority is to provide access to all of our collections. We continue to offer virtual services. We also are paging materials and will continue to mail materials to faculty, staff, and students living off-campus. We encourage you to use our convenient distance services. Please see our Online and Distance Learning resource page for more information.
Get Help: Off Campus & Online Courses
If you have problems with D2L, call the MSU IT Service Desk at 517-432-6200 for assistance.
If you need help using a library service or resource, please call Discovery Services at 517-353-8700. Some of the services we provide include:
- Article and book requests for distance students
- Problems accessing electronic resources (i.e., online journals, e-books)
- Reporting broken links to electronic resources
- Creating stable links for electronic resources and integrating into learning systems
- General information and reference assistance
Here are some other sites and help that may be of interest (hours vary):
- Academic Calendar - lists important dates to remember.
- ITS Helpdesk (help.msu.edu) - Help with computers, campus ethernet, AFS and more.
- Ask a Librarian - Help with research and the library, available by phone, email and IM.
- Copyright Advice: Opens in a New Tab - Help with obtaining and granting copyright permission.
- D2L Documentation: Opens in a New Tab - Online documentation for both students and faculty.
- Registrar's Office - Handles enrollment and similar questions.
- StuInfo - Access to class schedule, tuition and grades