The Main Library is open, though we have reduced hours. We have temporarily closed study spaces to support the request that students self-quarantine. Study spaces will remain closed until Monday, Sept. 28, but we will maintain access to patron services for material check out and pick up. Outside of safety, our top priority is to provide access to all of our collections. We continue to offer virtual services. We also are paging materials and will continue to mail materials to faculty, staff, and students living off-campus. We encourage you to use our convenient distance services. Please see our Online and Distance Learning resource page for more information.
Get Help: Off Campus & Online Courses
If you have problems with D2L, call the MSU IT Service Desk at 517-432-6200 for assistance.
If you need help using a library service or resource, please call Discovery Services at 517-353-8700. Some of the services we provide include:
- Article and book requests for distance students
- Problems accessing electronic resources (i.e., online journals, e-books)
- Reporting broken links to electronic resources
- Creating stable links for electronic resources and integrating into learning systems
- General information and reference assistance
Here are some other sites and help that may be of interest (hours vary):
- Academic Calendar - lists important dates to remember.
- ITS Helpdesk (help.msu.edu) - Help with computers, campus ethernet, AFS and more.
- Ask a Librarian - Help with research and the library, available by phone, email and IM.
- Copyright Advice: Opens in a New Tab - Help with obtaining and granting copyright permission.
- D2L Documentation: Opens in a New Tab - Online documentation for both students and faculty.
- Registrar's Office - Handles enrollment and similar questions.
- StuInfo - Access to class schedule, tuition and grades