Starting on Thursday, December 23, 2021, MeLCat Borrowing and Lending will be suspended while the MSU Libraries undergoes a significant software transition.
MSU students, staff, and faculty can continue to utilize interlibrary loan by placing requests through the MSU Libraries Interlibrary Services department. Community patrons will not be able to use MeLCat through the MSU Libraries during this time, but they can continue to do so using their local public library.
The MSUL Digital Preservation Working Group:
- Serves as a forum to discuss digital preservation within MSU Libraries to coordinate projects, exchange ideas, and keep abreast of news and initiatives
- Creates digital preservation documentation and resources for the library
- Advises on local implementation of digital preservation standards, best practices, and tools
DPWG membership draws upon multiple MSUL units and campus partners who promote digital preservation activities or are stakeholders in digital preservation decisions.
Past and Current Leadership
- Jonah Magar, Video Game Collection Coordinator (2021-2022)
- Lydia Tang, Special Collections Archivist (2020-2021)
- Sarah Mainville, Media Preservation Librarian (2019-2020)
- Robin Dean, Digital Projects Librarian (2018-2019)
Questions? Contact the Digital Preservation Working Group.
(last updated June 2021)