Some areas of the Main Library are now open 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday and 12pm to 5pm on Saturday and Sunday. These areas include main-floor access to Circulation as well as our study and computing space on 1 East with access to MSU printing. As of Feb. 1st, we opened 1 West. Our total capacity at this time is 120 people. We also now have touchless lockers, where you may pick up materials. Outside of safety, our top priority is to provide access to all of our collections. We continue to offer virtual services. We also are paging materials and will continue to mail materials to faculty, staff, and students living off-campus. We encourage you to use our convenient distance services. Please see our Online and Distance Learning resource page for more information.
Digital Text Services
Digital Text Services (DTS) provides assistance and potential collaboration in the capture, creation, and management of digital text that supports Digital Humanities research. These activities will educate students, faculty, and staff about the importance of digital text creation, storage, and dissemination. By building on Library collections and drawing upon relevant library services, Digital Text Services drives Digital Humanities research forward at Michigan State University.
Areas of Specialization
- Advising: Project planning, including contact with vendors, resource advising, grant writing assistance
- Text and Corpora: Text mining, API development, curation and storage of text data
- Visualization: Information visualization
- Digitization: Digitization of text, images, audio, and video to support Library collaboration with campus units
- Metadata: Best practices in metadata usage with digital projects
- Copyright Consultation: See the Library Office of Copyright