Some areas of the Main Library are now open 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday and 12pm to 5pm on Saturday and Sunday. These areas include main-floor access to Circulation as well as our study and computing space on 1 East with access to MSU printing. As of Feb. 1st, we opened 1 West. Our total capacity at this time is 120 people. We also now have touchless lockers, where you may pick up materials. Outside of safety, our top priority is to provide access to all of our collections. We continue to offer virtual services. We also are paging materials and will continue to mail materials to faculty, staff, and students living off-campus. We encourage you to use our convenient distance services. Please see our Online and Distance Learning resource page for more information.
Playing and practicing music requires repetitive motion and lots of it. To avoid "musical" injuries...
- Maintain a healthy posture when playing
- Stretch before and after playing
- Properly warm up—practice scales or ”jam” prior to playing
- Strengthen the arms, wrists and hands by doing appropriate exercises
- Take adequate breaks
Ergonomics for the musician...the small muscle athletes.
- Pain is not an early warning system. When you feel pain it because damage is happening. Change positions or stop.
- Go slow and have shorter practice sessions. No more than five minutes of new material at a time. Maximum six repetitions.