Library catalog is undergoing maintenance which may interfere with results. Please bear with us and we apologize for any inconvenience
Playing and practicing music requires repetitive motion and lots of it. To avoid "musical" injuries...
- Maintain a healthy posture when playing
- Stretch before and after playing
- Properly warm up—practice scales or ”jam” prior to playing
- Strengthen the arms, wrists and hands by doing appropriate exercises
- Take adequate breaks
Ergonomics for the musician...the small muscle athletes.
- Pain is not an early warning system. When you feel pain it because damage is happening. Change positions or stop.
- Go slow and have shorter practice sessions. No more than five minutes of new material at a time. Maximum six repetitions.