Some areas of the Main Library are now open 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday and 12pm to 5pm on Saturday and Sunday. These areas include main-floor access to Circulation as well as our study and computing space on 1 East with access to MSU printing. As of Feb. 1st, we opened 1 West. Our total capacity at this time is 120 people. We also now have touchless lockers, where you may pick up materials. Outside of safety, our top priority is to provide access to all of our collections. We continue to offer virtual services. We also are paging materials and will continue to mail materials to faculty, staff, and students living off-campus. We encourage you to use our convenient distance services. Please see our Online and Distance Learning resource page for more information.
- Try not to read in bed. If you do, use a reading pillow.
- Use indirect lighting. Direct lighting will cause eye strain as the pupils will contract to compensate.
- Find an eBook edition if the book is bulky. Adjust text size to reduce eye strain.
- If you can’t attain an eReader, use a book stand so you don't have to bend your head down. Adjust book to eye level to prevent eye strain.
- Practice 20/20/20 technique. (Every 20 minutes, look at an object 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.)