Some areas of the Main Library are now open 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday and 12pm to 5pm on Saturday and Sunday. These areas include main-floor access to Circulation as well as our study and computing space on 1 East with access to MSU printing. As of Feb. 1st, we opened 1 West. Our total capacity at this time is 120 people. We also now have touchless lockers, where you may pick up materials. Outside of safety, our top priority is to provide access to all of our collections. We continue to offer virtual services. We also are paging materials and will continue to mail materials to faculty, staff, and students living off-campus. We encourage you to use our convenient distance services. Please see our Online and Distance Learning resource page for more information.
Keys to reduced stress in Project Sewing
- Properly adjusted equipment.
- Work surfaces should be at elbow height, back straight.
- Knees and seat at about 90 degrees
- Set up work space to avoid twisting and lifting, leaning, bending, stretching or other high stress movements.
- Keep supplies and tools needed in easy reach.
- Strategically placed and sufficient to avoid shadows or glare.
- Use tools designed to lessen stress of repetitive motion or contact injury, such as electric scissors, spring loaded scissors, rotary cutter, fabric weights (instead of pinning).
- Keep equipment in good condition for smoother operation and less physical stress.
Change up tasks
- Plan project so can move to different tasks more frequently, or plan the project over several time periods to avoid doing a single task for long period.