On March 16, Governor Gretchen Whitmer signed an Executive Order temporarily closing many public spaces. All academic libraries are included in this order. The Main Library is closed, but we still offer virtual services and many resources do remain available. Please see our Online and Distance Learning resource page for specific Library resources. Reference services are still available via chat and phone. We do have temporary policies for returning/renewing material.
Assistive Technology Center (ATC)
- If you need assistance in the Library, please notify a Library staff member at any public service desk
- You may also email our staff at email@example.com with any questions about the ATC room or to request an appointment
Or contact the Library's RCPD liaison, Emilia Marcyk.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 517-884-6455
Location & Hours
The ATC is located in room W124 on the first floor of the Main Library. The ATC is available the same hours that the Main Library building is open.
Access & Security
Please stop at the Patron Services Desk to have the ATC unlocked. Individuals with MSU IDs will be asked to present their MSU ID. PID (MSU ID number) and time of entrance to the ATC will be recorded.
- TOPAZ® XL HD High-Definition Desktop Video Magnifier
- SARA Scanning & Reading Appliance
- Perkins Brailler
Computers for MSU Students/Faculty/Staff with Disabilities
Two PCs with scanners are available for MSU Students/Faculty/Staff who have been registered with RCPD.
- Freedom Scientific JAWS 17.0
- FSReader 3.0 (Freedom Scientific FSReader 3.0)
- Kurzweil 1000 v.13
- Kurzweil 3000 v.13
- NaturalReader Free
- Scientific Notebook 5.5
- ZoomText 10.1
- Adobe Acrobat X Pro
- Adobe Design and Web Premium CS6
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Office Access – English 2010
- Microsoft Office Excel – English 2010
- Microsoft Office Outlook – English 2010
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint – English 2010
- Microsoft Office Publisher – English 2010
- Microsoft Office Word – English 2010
- Mozilla Firefox
Computer for Community Users with Disabilities
- This PC provides access to U.S. federal government documents, the library catalog, and library electronic resources.
- It has a magnifier, System Access To Go screen reader, NVDA, and NaturalReader Free.