Starting on Thursday, December 23, 2021, MeLCat Borrowing and Lending will be suspended while the MSU Libraries undergoes a significant software transition.
MSU students, staff, and faculty can continue to utilize interlibrary loan by placing requests through the MSU Libraries Interlibrary Services department. Community patrons will not be able to use MeLCat through the MSU Libraries during this time, but they can continue to do so using their local public library.
Accessibility Staff at the MSU Libraries
In 2015, the MSU Libraries established an Accessibility Coordinator and the Libraries' Accessibility Working Group.
Heidi Schroeder - firstname.lastname@example.org / (517) 884-0899.
The MSU Libraries' Accessibility Coordinator oversees accessibility initiatives at the Libraries, serves as the Libraries' primary accessibility contact and advocate, and chairs the Libraries' Accessibility Working Group.
Libraries' Accessibility Working Group (LAWG)
The MSU Libraries' Accessibility Working Group (LAWG) meets approximately once a month to discuss and report on accessibility activities and initiatives taking place in the MSU Libraries and on MSU's campus and beyond. The LAWG offers and promotes accessibility education and training opportunities to library staff.
2021 LAWG Members:
- Heidi Schroeder: Accessibility Coordinator & Library Liaison to MSU's Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities.
- Madeleine Ferguson: Imaging/Digitization Specialist, Digital Imaging Services.
- Ranti Junus: Systems/Electronic Resources Librarian.
- Zoë McLaughlin: South and Southeast Asian Studies Librarian, Secondary Assignment in Library Accessibility.
- Sarah Roberts: Acquisitions Archivist.
- Joshua Sanchez: Head, User Experience.
- Kelly Sattler: Project Manager for Libraries Strategic Initiatives
- Tyler Smeltekop: Manager, Course Materials Program.