Some areas of the Main Library are now open 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday and 12pm to 5pm on Saturday and Sunday. These areas include main-floor access to Circulation as well as our study and computing space on 1 East with access to MSU printing. As of Feb. 1st, we opened 1 West. Our total capacity at this time is 120 people. We also now have touchless lockers, where you may pick up materials. Outside of safety, our top priority is to provide access to all of our collections. We continue to offer virtual services. We also are paging materials and will continue to mail materials to faculty, staff, and students living off-campus. We encourage you to use our convenient distance services. Please see our Online and Distance Learning resource page for more information.
Accessibility Staff at the MSU Libraries
In 2015, the MSU Libraries established an Accessibility Coordinator and the Libraries' Accessibility Working Group.
Heidi Schroeder - firstname.lastname@example.org / (517) 884-0899.
The MSU Libraries' Accessibility Coordinator oversees accessibility initiatives at the Libraries, serves as the Libraries' primary accessibility contact and advocate, and chairs the Libraries' Accessibility Working Group.
Libraries' Accessibility Working Group (LAWG)
The MSU Libraries' Accessibility Working Group (LAWG) meets approximately once a month to discuss and report on accessibility activities and initiatives taking place in the MSU Libraries and on MSU's campus and beyond. The LAWG offers and promotes accessibility education and training opportunities to library staff.
2020 LAWG Members:
- Heidi Schroeder: Accessibility Coordinator & Library Liaison to MSU's Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities.
- Robin Dean: Digital Projects Librarian.
- Ranti Junus: Systems/Electronic Resources Librarian.
- Zoë McLaughlin: South and Southeast Asian Studies Librarian.
- Sarah Roberts: Acquisitions Archivist.
- Joshua Sanchez: User Experience & Assessment Librarian.
- Kelly Sattler: Head, Web Services.
- Tyler Smeltekop: Manager, Course Materials Program.
- Sarah Westman: Student Accessibility Employee