Main Library Green Room Setup Options
The Green Room is an all-purpose room for events and activities related to the promotion of the Libraries' collections and services. It can be reserved for other Michigan State University events or workshops on a case-by-case basis. This room is not available to the general public.
The Green Room has a flexible set up to allow for meeting and banquet seating for up to 140 people. Our standard fee to reserve the room ($100) includes our basic setup and AV support:
Tier 1: Basic Setup: $100
- Consultation with client in advance about media needs, sound reinforcement and stage direction.
- Meet client on day of event, unlock room, power up media system, computers and projectors.
- Assist client with the installation of files, attaching external laptops to system and login
- Check podium microphone level, spot check event as needed.
- Tear down when event finished
Tier 2: Custom Setup and AV Support $200
All services in Tier 1, plus:
- Set up microphones (up to 8) around the room for audience participation.
- Place lapel microphones on speakers and check levels
- Unmute microphones as event begins and correct levels as needed
Tier 3: Custom Setup and Advanced AV Support $300 for up to 2 hours; additional hours negotiable
Includes Setup Options in Tiers 1 and 2 and all AV Support in Tiers I and II, plus:
- Record audio and video for client, including establishing and testing camera view
- Continual support in room as needed to support PA, media use, streaming and recording
- Edit audio and video as needed and send audio and video files to client
Kitchen Fees: Basic use of kitchen for delivery of food and setup by third party caterer: $50.
Additional use of kitchen facilities such as sink, dishwasher, catering refrigerator: $100. Kitchen is not available for weekend events.
For other queries about the use of Main Library rooms, contact Terri Miller, Assistant Director for Public Services.