Some areas of the Main Library are now open 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday and 12pm to 5pm on Saturday and Sunday. These areas include main-floor access to Circulation as well as our study and computing space on 1 East with access to MSU printing. As of Feb. 1st, we opened 1 West. Our total capacity at this time is 120 people. We also now have touchless lockers, where you may pick up materials. Outside of safety, our top priority is to provide access to all of our collections. We continue to offer virtual services. We also are paging materials and will continue to mail materials to faculty, staff, and students living off-campus. We encourage you to use our convenient distance services. Please see our Online and Distance Learning resource page for more information.
Ask a Health Sciences Librarian
MSU health sciences librarians are available to help with using library resources, database searching, reference questions, and finding material for teaching and research. We try to respond to all questions within 24 hours on weekdays, but response times may vary. Those seeking medical advice should contact a physician, nurse, or veterinarian.
For questions related to a specific subject area, email the specialist librarian below:
- Biomedical Laboratory Diagnostics — Andrea Kepsel
- Biosciences — Susan Kendall
- Communicative Sciences — Jessica Shira Sender
- Medicine — Iris Kovar-Gough, Chana Kraus-Friedberg
- Nursing — Jessica Shira Sender
- Osteopathic Medicine — Abraham Wheeler
- Pharmacology & Toxicology — Chana Kraus-Friedberg
- Public Health Masters Program — Chana Kraus-Friedberg
- Public Health Research/Epidemiology — Abraham Wheeler
- Veterinary Medicine — Andrea Kepsel
In addition, the MSU Libraries Ask a Librarian service is available 24/7. Reference librarians from MSU or from partnering institutions can help with basic questions.