The basic biomedical and biological sciences collection of books and journals at Michigan State University is at the Main Library. The majority of our biomedical and biology journals now come as electronic-only subscriptions and a large percentage of books are electronic. We subscribe to substantial video resources to support work in these subject areas as well.
The biosciences collection of online resources at MSU is extensive. The following guides should help you get the most out of them.
Subject, Research, and Career Guides
Guides to Searching for Scientific Literature
- 18 Ways to Improve Your PubMed Searches
- How do I know which database to search for biological literature?
- PubMed, Web of Science, or Google Scholar? A behind-the-scenes guide for life scientists
- Using SciFinder Scholar
- Guides for Specific MSU Biology Courses (search under course code or under Subject: Biological Sciences)
- Researching Controversial Topics in Biotechnology (undergraduate focus)