Point of Care Resources
Point of Care resources are used to quickly make evidence-based decisions in a clinical setting. They are examples of filtered information sources and include summaries, with links to relevant articles and guidelines, and are often graded for quality.
Apps for Physicians and Medical Students: A guide to mobile apps for point of care tools, journals/readers, textbooks/study tools, terminology and translation, calculators, and multimedia.
- DynaMed Plus™ is a leading evidence based point-of–care resource.
- For the DynaMed Plus mobile app, please see our installation guide.
- *As of Jan, 1 2016* ACP Smart Medicine will be discontinued by its publisher and its content will be rolled into DynaMed Plus.
- Essential Evidence Plus includes evidence based point-of-care tools and other resources.
- Essential Evidence Plus mobile version: Opens in a New Tab requires you to create a FREE personal profile prior to using. Registration for a personal profile is found under the My Account tab on the homepage.
- VisualDx is a web-based clinical decision support system designed to aid in the identification of dermatologic, infectious, genetic, metabolic, nutritional and occupational diseases, benign and malignant growths, drug-induce conditions, and other injuries.
- To download the VisualDx mobile app:
- Click this link to VisualDx: Opens in a New Tab and log in with your MSU NetID and password.
- Choose the "Get Mobile" tab from the bottom of the page and create your personal username and password as instructed. (use your @msu.edu email)
- Once you have a username and password, you can download the FREE VisualDx Mobile app on your mobile device from the App Store or from Google Play.
- Launch the VisualDx app from your device and sign in using the username and password you created.
- Nursing Reference Center (NRC) is a point-of-care resource intended for nurses, nursing students, and nursing faculty.
- For the Nursing Reference Center mobile app, please see our installation guide.
- Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database is a source of clinically reliable information on more than 1000 natural medicines, including herbs, dietary supplements, vitamins, minerals, etc. that can be used as a point of care reference tool.
Evidence Based Medicine (EBM) Guide: Point of care tools are one facet to practicing evidence-based medicine - find out why with this guide.