Knowledge from the Margins 2015 Conference Data
This page contains data from the Knowledge from the Margins 2015 conference.
Conference Funding & Sponsors
- National Science Foundation: Science, Technology, and Society - Award ID 1457138
Michigan State University
- Lyman Briggs College
- College of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- College of Arts and Letters
- Timnick Chair in the Humanities, College of Arts and Letters
- Center for Gender in Global Context
- Department of Philosophy
University of Michigan
- Science, Technology, and Society Program
MSU Libraries is making the following types of conference data available:
- papers from sessions (PDF)
- photographs from sessions and other conference activities (TIFF and JPG)
- digital video recordings of sessions with transcripts generated from the audio (streaming video online)
Data is organized by session from the KFM conference program.
General Conference Media
- Video and transcript: Knowledge from the Margins Conference Highlights
- Uncategorized conference photos
Tuesday, August 18, 2015
Pre-Conference Reflection Activity: "What Knowledge am I bringing to Knowledge from the Margins?: A warm up dialogue"
Session A: Knowledge from the Margins, Social Justice, and Sustainability
- Photos of Session A
- Session A video and transcript: Ottinger, Gwen. "Facilitating Knowledge at the Margins: Epistemic Justice and Participatory Technoscience"
- Session A video and transcript: McKenna, Brian.
Session A.0: Participation and Innovation by the Marginalized & Production of Ignorance and Marginality
- Photos of Session A.0
- Session A.0.1 video and transcript: Levinger, David. "Transportation, Ignorance and Flip Side Policy"
- Session A.0.2 video and transcript: Odumosu, Tolu. "Innovation and Mobilities: Selected Stories from Africa"
Sessions B1 & B2: Participation and Innovation by the Marginalized
- Photos of Sessions B1 & B2
- Session B1 paper: Kojola, Erik. "Permitting Discourses of Science and Risk in the Politics of Copper Mining in Minnesota"
- Session B1 paper: Morrell, Erica. "Civic Epistemologies and the (Re)Localization of Food Policy"
- Session B2.1 video and transcript: Tyler, Shakara. "Using PGIS as a Postmodern Mapping Tool for Food Justice Mapping in Michigan"
- Session B2.2 video and transcript: Moore, Sharlissa. "A Framework for International Energy Justice"
Session C: Production of Ignorance and Marginality
Wednesday, August 19, 2015
Session D: Objectivity at the Margins
- Photos of Session D
- Session D video and transcript: Harding, Sandra. "After Mr. Nowhere: More New Proper Scientific Selfs"
Session E0: Marginal Differences & Performance of Knowledge from the Margins
- Photos of Session E0
- Session E0 paper: Rajagopalan, Ramya. "Difference in the making: Bio-medical Futures and Health Equity"
Session E1 & E2: Objectivity at the Margins
- Photos of Session E1 & Session E2
- Session E1 paper: Kolawole, Oluwatoyin Dare. "Knowledge from the periphery: issues, contestations, and challenges from within and without"
- Session E1 paper: Van Natta, Meredith. "'Si no de aqui, de'onde?': Understanding Sustainability Discourses in Andean Peru"
Session F: Marginal Differences
- Photos of Session F
- Session F paper: Lankford, Kathryn. "Who Created the Pill?: Clinical trials of Enovid and other contraceptives in Humacao, Puerto Rico"
- Session F video and transcript: Lankford, Kathryn. "Who Created the Pill?: Clinical trials of Enovid and other contraceptives in Humacao, Puerto Rico"