Starting on Thursday, December 23, 2021, MeLCat Borrowing and Lending will be suspended while the MSU Libraries undergoes a significant software transition.
MSU students, staff, and faculty can continue to utilize interlibrary loan by placing requests through the MSU Libraries Interlibrary Services department. Community patrons will not be able to use MeLCat through the MSU Libraries during this time, but they can continue to do so using their local public library.
Knowledge from the Margins 2015 Conference Data
This page contains data from the Knowledge from the Margins 2015 conference.
Conference Funding & Sponsors
- National Science Foundation: Science, Technology, and Society - Award ID 1457138
Michigan State University
- Lyman Briggs College
- College of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- College of Arts and Letters
- Timnick Chair in the Humanities, College of Arts and Letters
- Center for Gender in Global Context
- Department of Philosophy
University of Michigan
- Science, Technology, and Society Program
MSU Libraries is making the following types of conference data available:
- papers from sessions (PDF)
- photographs from sessions and other conference activities (TIFF and JPG)
- digital video recordings of sessions with transcripts generated from the audio (streaming video online)
Data is organized by session from the KFM conference program.
General Conference Media
- Video and transcript: Knowledge from the Margins Conference Highlights
- Uncategorized conference photos
Tuesday, August 18, 2015
Pre-Conference Reflection Activity: "What Knowledge am I bringing to Knowledge from the Margins?: A warm up dialogue"
Session A: Knowledge from the Margins, Social Justice, and Sustainability
- Photos of Session A
- Session A video and transcript: Ottinger, Gwen. "Facilitating Knowledge at the Margins: Epistemic Justice and Participatory Technoscience"
- Session A video and transcript: McKenna, Brian.
Session A.0: Participation and Innovation by the Marginalized & Production of Ignorance and Marginality
- Photos of Session A.0
- Session A.0.1 video and transcript: Levinger, David. "Transportation, Ignorance and Flip Side Policy"
- Session A.0.2 video and transcript: Odumosu, Tolu. "Innovation and Mobilities: Selected Stories from Africa"
Sessions B1 & B2: Participation and Innovation by the Marginalized
- Photos of Sessions B1 & B2
- Session B1 paper: Kojola, Erik. "Permitting Discourses of Science and Risk in the Politics of Copper Mining in Minnesota"
- Session B1 paper: Morrell, Erica. "Civic Epistemologies and the (Re)Localization of Food Policy"
- Session B2.1 video and transcript: Tyler, Shakara. "Using PGIS as a Postmodern Mapping Tool for Food Justice Mapping in Michigan"
- Session B2.2 video and transcript: Moore, Sharlissa. "A Framework for International Energy Justice"
Session C: Production of Ignorance and Marginality
Wednesday, August 19, 2015
Session D: Objectivity at the Margins
- Photos of Session D
- Session D video and transcript: Harding, Sandra. "After Mr. Nowhere: More New Proper Scientific Selfs"
Session E0: Marginal Differences & Performance of Knowledge from the Margins
- Photos of Session E0
- Session E0 paper: Rajagopalan, Ramya. "Difference in the making: Bio-medical Futures and Health Equity"
Session E1 & E2: Objectivity at the Margins
- Photos of Session E1 & Session E2
- Session E1 paper: Kolawole, Oluwatoyin Dare. "Knowledge from the periphery: issues, contestations, and challenges from within and without"
- Session E1 paper: Van Natta, Meredith. "'Si no de aqui, de'onde?': Understanding Sustainability Discourses in Andean Peru"
Session F: Marginal Differences
- Photos of Session F
- Session F paper: Lankford, Kathryn. "Who Created the Pill?: Clinical trials of Enovid and other contraceptives in Humacao, Puerto Rico"
- Session F video and transcript: Lankford, Kathryn. "Who Created the Pill?: Clinical trials of Enovid and other contraceptives in Humacao, Puerto Rico"