Library catalog is undergoing maintenance which may interfere with results. Please bear with us and we apologize for any inconvenience
Make Central's Policy Regarding Equipment and Lending
MSU Libraries' 3D printers may be used only for lawful purposes. No one will be permitted to use the Libraries’ 3D printers, scanner, vinyl or laser cutter to create material that is:
- Prohibited by local, state or federal law.
- Obscene or otherwise inappropriate for the Library environment.
- In violation of another's intellectual property rights. For example, the printer will not be used to reproduce material subject to copyright, patent or trademark protection.
- The Library reserves the right to refuse any 3D print, scan, vinyl or laser cut request.
- Only designated Library staff will have hands-on access to the 3D printers, vinyl and laser cutter.
- If you agree to the pre-determined cost of a project using Make Central equipment and request to have the job completed you are required to pay for the items and services.
- All inquires will be responded to in one business day and projects are completed on a first come, first served basis.
- Items created with a Library 3D printer, vinyl or laser cutter and are not picked up within 14 days will become the property of the Library.
All technology lending equipment available for check out at Selma D. and Stanley C. Hollander MakeCentral: Makerspace falls under the MSU Libraries Lending Policies. Items must be returned to a staff member at the Hollander MakeCentral: Service Desk in the Main Library, 2W. A late fee of $1.00/hour applies to all equipment returned after the time and date it is due.
- When an item is significantly overdue, the borrower is billed for its replacement and borrowing privileges are suspended without notice until the account is paid in full or material is returned or replaced by the borrower. Holds are placed on MSU student enrollment, registration, diplomas, and transcripts at the same time.
- Minimum replacement charges are $100. Current market value is charged whenever it is higher than the minimum replacement charge.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 18 to use to use Hollander MakeCentral’s space and equipment. Unattended children may be asked to leave and are subject to the libraries’ unattended children policy.