Some areas of the Main Library are now open 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday and 12pm to 5pm on Saturday and Sunday. These areas include main-floor access to Circulation as well as our study and computing space on 1 East with access to MSU printing. As of Feb. 1st, we opened 1 West. Our total capacity at this time is 120 people. We also now have touchless lockers, where you may pick up materials. Outside of safety, our top priority is to provide access to all of our collections. We continue to offer virtual services. We also are paging materials and will continue to mail materials to faculty, staff, and students living off-campus. We encourage you to use our convenient distance services. Please see our Online and Distance Learning resource page for more information.
Publishing Services Book Pricing
Pricing for all books will be as follows:
$10.00 Setup *
- Staff will assess files for print readiness.
- Each revision after the original setup will be charged $5.00.
- Setup Fee is waived for currently enrolled MSU students.
*Additional formatting or consultation will be charged at a rate of $10.00 per quarter hour.
Per-Book Printing Costs
After the initial setup, each book is printed on a price-per-page basis:
- Black and white interiors: Eight dollars base price plus two and one-half cents per page.
- Color-printed interiors: additional ten cents per page.
- Mixed B/W and Color interiors: additional ten cents per color-printed page. There may be an additional formatting costs if B/W pages are composite RGB or CMYK black.
Bulk Purchase Discount*
- Orders of 20 or more copies will receive a 10% discount on printing costs.
- Orders of 50 or more copies will receive a 20% discount on printing costs.
- Orders of 100 or more copies will receive a 25% discount on printing costs.
- Please submit files for bulk orders at least two business days before the books are needed.
* No discount will be given on set-up or design service fees.
Cover Design Consultation
Receive a comprehensive cover design to fit your content:
- Forty dollars per hour, billed in quarter-hour increments.
- Customers must provide photos, illustrations, and copy (such as book blurb, author biography, or reviewer quotes).
- Staff will create the cover design.
Book Formatting and File Conversion Service
Staff can assist with publishing-related tasks, such as formatting the layout of books or file conversion.
- Forty dollars per hour, billed in quarter-hour increments with a minimum of one hour.
- Only available as time permits, at the discretion of publishing services staff.
Interior Paper Options
Different paper types are available:
- Standard white paper: no additional charge
- Cream-colored paper: additional $0.01 per page
- Semi-gloss paper: additional $0.01 per page
- Glossy photo stock: additional $0.03 per page
- Customers may provide their own 8.5 x 11" paper, subject to a binding test.
Cover Paper Options
Gloss, semi-gloss, and matte cover stocks are available. There is no difference in price.