Book Design Workshops
Do you need to print a book for a class or personal use but don’t know where to start? Library staff offer free workshops providing an introduction to book design and library publishing services. At the workshop you will learn:
- File requirements for printing books
- Copyright compliance
- Book design basics
- How to use Adobe InDesign or Microsoft Word to set up interior files
- How to use Adobe InDesign or Microsoft PowerPoint to set up cover files
- Time-saving design tools
- How to submit files through MSU FileDepot
Multiple workshops will be offered throughout the semester at the dates and times listed below. The workshops are geared toward MSU students, faculty and staff; however, community patrons are welcome to attend. Please register using the Library Events Calendar. Drop-ins may join if there is space available. Please allow ample time for parking to arrive on time for workshops.
Can't make it to the workshop? Classes or groups of five or more may request a book design workshop; please contact Julie Taylor to check for availability and to schedule a date and time for your workshop.
Book Design Workshops using Adobe InDesign
Adobe InDesign Workshops will be presented in the Beaumont Instruction Room located on the second floor (west) of the Main Library.
|January 29||Wednesday||10 am - 12 pm||Register for January 29|
|April 7||Tuesday||2 pm - 4 pm||Register for April 7|
Book Design Workshops using Microsoft Word
MS Word Workshops will be presented in the Red Cedar West Instruction Room located on the second floor (west) of the Main Library.
|February 12||Wednesday||10 am - 12 pm||Register for February 12|
|April 9||Thursday||2 pm - 4pm||Register for April 9|
Photo Book Workshop using Microsoft Word
Learn how to use Microsoft Word to design a photo book you can print at MSU Libraries Publishing Services. In this free workshop, you will learn:
- How to change the page size and margins
- How to insert images
- How to crop, resize, and rotate images
- How to position the image, use text wrap, and add effects
- How to create a text style for your photo captions
- How to add page numbers
- How to export your photo book to PDF
|February 21||Friday||12pm - 1:30pm||Register for February 21|