On March 16, Governor Gretchen Whitmer signed an Executive Order temporarily closing many public spaces. All academic libraries are included in this order. The Main Library is closed, but we still offer virtual services and many resources do remain available. Please see our Online and Distance Learning resource page for specific Library resources. Reference services are still available via chat and phone. We do have temporary policies for returning/renewing material.
Special Collections holds a wide variety of first and early editions of important works, as well as archival literary collections, all spanning the past five centuries.
- Strong holdings in eighteenth-century British literature
- Many editions of Shakespeare, along with critical works
- Works by modern authors such as Walt Whitman, Joseph Conrad, Edith Wharton, and Sinclair Lewis
- The Donald A. Yates Jorge Luis Borges Collection, consisting of manuscripts, printed works, and archival items
- American small press poetry of the 1960s and 1970s
- The Michigan Writers Collection: archival collections and published work by prominent writers with ties to the state of Michigan, including