Beard Collection Cataloging
Deliver uncataloged Beard Collection materials for Turfgrass to the Beard Collection shelf in Copy Cataloging.
- check Sierra first; Beard item may be an ADD LOC (to Main, the regular Turfgrass location, etc.)
- if an ADD LOC, assign it the next sequential copy number, regardless of gaps in existing copy numbers
multiple copies within Beard are not desired
- if cataloging a Beard item that would be a copy 2 to something already held in Beard, contact individuals below on how to proceed
- forward to Joshua Barton, if no or inadequate copy
|BIB RECORD FIELD||CONTENTS|
|049||QEML (if not an add loc)|
|Call number||prefer classes SB433-SB433.34, though other classes may be acceptable|
MSU: Gift to James B Beard Turfgrass Library Collection.
MSU: Copy 2 gift to...
MSU: Volume 2 copy 2 gift to...
MSU: Vol. 89 (2003)-vol. 96 (2010) and vol. 98 (2012) gift to...
|ITEM RECORD FIELD||CONTENTS|
also add to serial checkin record if needed
For serials: see also Turfgrass Information Center and Beard Collection serial holdings procedures
Beard items DO NOT receive
- written call numbers
- glued-in check out streamers
- Write the call number on the existing streamer or a slip of paper and insert in book
- Keep book jacket with book (can be placed inside the book)
Place monographs on Beard shelf in CatMan (just below relabeling shelf)
- Barcodes without shields will be applied to the back of the item by CatMan
- Beard serials are not generally barcoded and can be delivered directly to TF, but if previous issues are already barcoded, consult TF staff