Though MSU Libraries remain closed to the public due to COVID-19, we are preparing to welcome students this fall, and we are working on changes inside our Library to welcome people safely. Our goal is to reopen to the public August 24. Until then (and after), we will continue to offer virtual services. Many resources remain available. Please see our Online and Distance Learning resource page for specific Library resources. Reference services are still available via chat and phone. We do have temporary policies for returning/renewing material.
Online and Distance Learning Resources
The MSU Libraries remain your resource during this period of adjustments on campus. Many collections and services are available online for you:
Off Campus Help
- Help with authenticated login access (if you are asked to log in with your NetID)
- Instructions on how to create stable links in D2L
- You can get books at home (video)
- Remote access to Library resources (video)
- Off Campus Google Scholar (video)
Find Material You Need
- Search the library catalog (which will show both online and print resources)
- Search the discovery tool for e-text
- Search the Electronic Resources lists for e-journals, e-books, streaming music & film, and other databases
- Borrow from another library Articles are often delivered in digital form.
- Give yourself a break: music and movies
Interact with Librarians
- Ask a question by chat or email
- Find contact information using our library staff directory or by subject librarian. We're available via email.