Some areas of the Main Library are now open 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday and 12pm to 5pm on Saturday and Sunday. These areas include main-floor access to Circulation as well as our study and computing space on 1 East with access to MSU printing. As of Feb. 1st, we opened 1 West. Our total capacity at this time is 120 people. We also now have touchless lockers, where you may pick up materials. Outside of safety, our top priority is to provide access to all of our collections. We continue to offer virtual services. We also are paging materials and will continue to mail materials to faculty, staff, and students living off-campus. We encourage you to use our convenient distance services. Please see our Online and Distance Learning resource page for more information.
Online and Distance Learning Resources
The MSU Libraries remain your resource during this period of adjustments on campus. Many collections and services are available online for you:
Off Campus Help
- Help with authenticated login access (if you are asked to log in with your NetID)
- Instructions on how to create stable links in D2L
- You can get books at home (video)
- Remote access to Library resources (video)
- Off Campus Google Scholar (video)
Find Material You Need
- Search the library catalog (which will show both online and print resources)
- Search the discovery tool for e-text
- Search the Electronic Resources lists for e-journals, e-books, streaming music & film, and other databases
- Borrow from another library Articles are often delivered in digital form.
- Give yourself a break: music and movies
Interact with Librarians
- Ask a question by chat or email
- Find contact information using our library staff directory or by subject librarian. We're available via email.