All individuals are required to wear masks indoors in all campus buildings, including the Libraries.
For more information on Library hours and services, please visit our Using the Library page.
Starting on Thursday, December 23, 2021, MeLCat Borrowing and Lending will be suspended while the MSU Libraries undergoes a significant software transition.
MSU students, staff, and faculty can continue to utilize interlibrary loan by placing requests through the MSU Libraries Interlibrary Services department. Community patrons will not be able to use MeLCat through the MSU Libraries during this time, but they can continue to do so using their local public library.
Find Books in the MSU Libraries Catalog
What Can I Find in the Library Catalog?
Books and e-books, magazine and journal titles*, newspaper titles*, movies, government documents, MSU theses and dissertations, maps, music and audio recordings, music scores, and more...
Book Checked Out?
If the book you want is checked out or if the MSU Libraries do not own it, try borrowing it from another library using Get It @ MSU thru our InterLibrary Loan Services.
* Note You cannot use the catalog to find individual articles within a magazine, journal, or newspaper - you must use a periodical index for that. Learn more about finding Articles.
- EBSCOhost eBook Collection - contains over 10,000 e-books on a broad range of topics
- Literature Online - contains over 350,000 works of English and American poetry, drama, and prose
- Oxford Reference Online - contains over 170 encyclopedias, dictionaries, and other reference works
- Gale Virtual Reference Library - contains over 100 encyclopedias and other reference works
- Google Book Search - search the full text of thousands of books
Find Books on Reserve
Find books and other materials placed on reserve for your class by your professor by visiting the Course Reserves page.