Using the Library - Things to Know
As the Libraries open to the public, there are a few changes to our services and operations. Please review the following information, and don't hesitate to ask for help at any of our service desks!
Indoor Mask Requirement
Beginning August 1st, all individuals are required to wear masks indoors in all campus buildings, including the Libraries. Masks are available at the Circulation desk.
For the most up-to-date hours, and for information on individual areas of the Libraries, please refer to the Main Library's hours page.
|All Floors (except for Third Floor East)||7:30am-Midnight|
|All Floors (except for Third Floor East)||10am-6pm|
*On Football Saturdays this Fall (Sept 11, 25; Oct 2, 30; Nov 13, 17): The First Floor and Basement will be open from 10am-6pm. All other floors will be closed to the public.
Printing is available to all Students, Faculty, and Staff using any of the first floor computers. Print jobs can be retrieved using an MSU ID card at one of the card reader printers on the first floor of the Main Library.
MakeCentral Poster Printing:
- The MakeCentral Space is closed, but we are still printing posters.
- Please fill out the form, and upload your poster pdf (max size 20mb).
- MakeCentral staff will contact you within 24 hours to finalize your poster print.
Checking Out Library Material
Click the “Get it!” button in the catalog for an item you would like. You will see all delivery/checkout methods available for that item. You may see any of the following:
- Self Service - Most of the stacks will be closed to the public; however, if the item you want is in open stacks, you may retrieve it yourself.
- Paged for Pick Up at Circulation – You will be notified by email when the item you have requested is available for pick up at Circulation.
- Paged for Pick Up at Luxer One Locker – You will be notified by email when the item you have requested is available for pick up in a contactless delivery Luxer One Locker.
- Request Book Chapter (for MSU Students, Staff and Faculty) – You will be emailed the book chapter.
- Faculty/Staff Office Delivery (for MSU Faculty and Staff Only) – We will mail your item to your office.
- Distance Delivery Services (for MSU Students, Staff and Faculty) – We will mail your item to your home address. Not available for those living on campus.
- Search Other Libraries – Request checked out material from other libraries.
- Digital Lending Request (for MSU Students, Staff and Faculty) – You will be emailed a short-term use link to a digital copy of a Reserve Reading item.
To select any of the options, click the link provided and follow the prompts.
Returning Library Material
Library material may be returned to the Library Return Dropboxes at the Main Library.
- High use Reserve Reading material is being scanned when it is not possible to purchase a digital copy of the material.
- Reserve Reading material that is not scanned may be checked out for 3 days. You must come to Circulation to check this material out.
- Reserve Reading material that has been scanned has a location code of mncdl **MSU Reserve Digital**. To request this material, click the “Get it!” button in the catalog and follow the prompts. You will be emailed a short-term link to the material within 15 minutes of submitting your request.
Food and Drink Policy
Library patrons may eat and drink in the Sparty’s Café zone if they do so with their mask on between bites/sips. This zone encompasses the entire Sparty’s Café space and extends to the Main Office/Front West Wing elevators.