Library catalog is undergoing maintenance which may interfere with results. Please bear with us and we apologize for any inconvenience
The Hollander MakeCentral: Service Desk is located on the 2nd Floor of the West Wing and has its own hours of operation.
For questions or more information, contact the MakeCentral staff by phone at (517) 884-6386
- Jessica Wagner, Unit Head — Phone: (517) 884-0843 and E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kristina Jones, Hollander MakeCentral Staffing Coordinator — Phone: (517) 884-0845 | E-mail: email@example.com
Main Library Hollander Service Desk (MakeCentral): Services and Useful Information
All services except color copying, large format scanning, and poster lamination are self–serve. Staff will assist with set up and explain features of the equipment. The Hollander Service Desk has a limited amount of small office supplies, paper, and cardstock on sale. All supplies are subject to Michigan sales tax.
- Laser – Black & White and Color
- Poster Printing (prints up to 36 inches wide)
- 3D Printing
Useful Information and Other Services
|Passport Photo||USA Passport or Green Card Standard Photo||$10.00 (plus tax) per print-2 photos/print|
|Laser printing: Black &White single or double sided||Letter or Legal||$0.05 per side|
|Laser printing: Black &White single or double sided||11x17||$0.10 per side|
|Laser printing: Color single or double sided||Letter or Legal||$0.40 per side|
|Laser printing: Color single or double sided||11x17||$0.80 per side|
|Microform Printing||all sizes||$0.10 per page|
|Microcard printing||all sizes||$0.10 per page|
|Poster: Full toner coverage (color or black)||36 inch wide roll feed||$6.00 per linear foot|
|Poster with Premium Paper: Full toner Coverage (color or black)||36 inch wide roll feed||$8.40 per linear foot for Premium Paper|
|Poster: 25% toner coverage (color or black)||36 inch wide roll feed||$3.60 per linear foot|
|Poster: Line drawing (color or black)||36 inch wide roll feed||$1.80 per linear foot|
|Color or Black & White Scanning - Sheet-fed or Bookedge||Ltr, Legal & 11x17||$0.05 per scan|
|Microform Scanning||Ltr, Legal & 11x17||no charge if saved to personal USB or CD|
|Large Format Scanning roll feed||42 inch width max, any length||$1.00 per scan|
|Black & White Copies||Letter or Legal||$0.09|
|Black & White Copies||11x17||$0.18|
|Black & White Transparencies||letter||$0.50|
|Color Copies||Letter or Legal||$0.30; University Accounts|
|Pouch||Wallet Size||$0.25 per card|
|Pouch||Letter||$1.00 per sheet|
|Pouch||11x17||$1.50 per sheet|
|Poster Size Clear-24 hr turnaround period Mon-Fri||36" wide roll feed of any length||$6.00 per linear foot|
|US/Canada||Ltr, Legal & 11x17||$0.50 per page|
|International||Ltr, Legal & 11x17||$1.00 per page|
- University Accounts - only pay $0.20 per color copy.
Payment is made to the MakeCentral cashier at the time of service.
- Cash Bills up to $50 accepted
- Personal Check ID required
- Visa/Mastercard/Discover/American Express
- University Departmental Account Customer must fill out an account charge form which includes the departmental account number to be charged, department’s name, contact campus email address and phone number.
NOTE: The MakeCentral does not accept Spartan Cash and cannot charge to student accounts.
Black and White Toshiba e-studio 356
- Photocopying on White or Color paper, Cardstock, and Transparencies
- Image Reduction/Enlargement
- Sheet fed copying with collated and stapled output
- Two sided copies from facing pages in a bound book in one scan
- Image combination/Image separation
Other copiers located in the Main Library and Branches
There are a number of coin operated/card operated copiers in each Branch Library and the Main Library. In the Main Library, these machines are available all hours the Library is open, including hours that the MakeCentral is closed. Copies made with cash on coin operated machines are 10¢ each and machines accept coins, $1 and $5 bills.
The location of Main Library coin operated or copy card machines:
- First floor Main Lobby
- 4th Floor West Wing in the Fine Arts Library
- 2nd Floor East Wing in the Map Library